Saturday, 3 March 2007

Barcelona to Valencia

I just don't know what I'm supposed to be.

You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

Arrived in Valencia today and I am in love with this city. Sat in a bar about 3pm and had a coffee and a couple of beers. It was absolutely buzzing with locals drinking and eating tapas (think its called something else at lunch actually).

Very long journey. The train was delayed after supposedly running over an animal? Goddam enormous animal as the train was delayed for about 2 and a quarter hours. Even had a good look for blood and spatterings when I got off the train but there was no sign of any railkill. Either the Spaniards are extremely good at cleaning up dead animals from the front of a train or they were spinning a yarn.

Coming up to Las Fallas in Valencia which means that there are people everywhere and fire crackers going off when and where you least expect them. Sat on the terrace of my hostel in 28 degree heat eating my dinner. First time this trip that I have thought 'this is the life'.
Bar in Valencia...

1 comment:

Rez said...

Yo Gummage!

Your trip sounds good so far! We're planning our trip to Valencia now actually (and maybe I could tack on Morocco, Barcelona, Madrid...). Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Oh and by the way... you've ruined my life.

Ever since Manchester I've been trying to recreate those magical poached eggs... I CAN'T FRICKIN DO IT!!!! (And I've been searching for orange curd.. it's no use!).

I'm the shell of my former self!!