Monday, 1 January 2007

Bringing in the New Year

You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?

Dammit. Who typed a question mark on the Teleprompter?

Bonjour!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I have just returned from a fantastic trip to France on a Fanatics Skifest Tour. Spent the entire week snowboarding, drinking and generally having a great time. I am now nursing a very sore butt and some quite large bruises although I feel that I was extremely fortunate not to come back with more serious ailments.

Like I have already said I had a great time and the group that I went with were great fun. Most mornings were commenced with 'I feel terrible... I am definately not drinking tonight' but by the end of the day these sentiments were long forgotten and the first drink was greatly welcomed (if not just to take away some of the aches and pains). The weather was amazing although this meant that there was a lack of snow cover on the slopes. Managed to pick up snowboarding enough to brave the 'blue runs' which may or may not be a good thing. I figured that if millions of little ankle biters could manage it I certainly could (even if they had already seen about 5 ski seasons out). Logic isn't my strong point.


Christmas morning everyone was feeling decidedly rough after celebrating in style with food and wine a plenty. Opened our secret santa presents and I was fortunate enough to get a pair of matching underwear. I am clearly deluded about my breast size as I was amazed that what looked like a pair of potato sacks actually fitted me quite nicely indeed.

Highlights of the trip were Scoot absolutely stacking it off a rail at the ski park - enough so that the superviser came rushing out to see if she was ok. He was met with a Scoot style laugh followed by 'that didn't even hurt'. The accommodation 'disco-theque' (nightclub) was a popular late night haunt even if it did look like a small lecture theatre? Strange but true! There are a few not so wonderful memories for example having to see Scoot daily walking around in her awful white thermal pants, communal unisex toilets after hard drinking and lack of toilet paper...eugh, getting onto a top bunk after drinking and severe DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

New Years Eve I headed back to Manchester and went to a house party. As this was about my 10th day drinking I was asleep by about 2:30am. I have decided that I will finish up in Manchester in late February and commence some more travel around UK, Europe and beyond. Plan to head home sometime late 2007 (ie before christmas). Am looking forward to heading back to Oz but have no idea where I want to be and what I want to do when I get back.

Happy New Year to everyone. And I will hopefully speak to you soon.
Katy and I early NYE

Jennie and I on NYE
Rachel and I posing
Tim and Philipa fitting the leopard skin body suit. Mmmm....

No comments: