Monday, 12 November 2007

So..it's been a while..

I mean, can you really trust another human being, Greg?

Yeah, I think so.

No. The answer is you can not.

Back in Oz living the dream... Dreaming I must have been when I thought that I could live with my parents 1 hour away from Adelaide amongst nature and trees and... more nature and trees.

To find meaning in my life I have decided to take Spanish and Capoeira lessons. Bit of a South American theme going on. Capoeira is... interesting... it seems to require a combination of strength, flexibility, coordination and a whole lot of other things that I seemingly don't have. In fact.. to make it even more difficult one is supposed to be able to sing and clap at the same time which I struggle with let alone dodge kicks and reactly swiftly in a chanting hodder. Spanish is coming along in a similar fashion. Although it is difficult to concentrate when there is a group of women practicing samba in their carnivale outfits. Even so, this probably doesn't excuse the following event..

Patty was asking me a series of questions i.e. Do you have family? To which I responded..
"Ci, yo tengo dos enanos".. Now being the intuitive person that I am I noticed that Patty looked completely bewildered and confused. When I asked if what I had said was wrong she asked if I did actually have 2 midgets in my family... No... I don't... but enanos and ermanos do sound similar...

Otherwise my evenings are occupied by my slug and pest control ritual, which involves stealth via torchlight. It astounds me that slugs can actually scale plastic bottles!! I am hoping my Dad doesn't notice that his pale ale supply is rapidly decreasing but if he does I am sure he will be pleased to know that it is proving to be a great slug trap called 'death by beer paddling pool'. Actually.. Dads support of my organic veggie patch has been far from acceptable.. his most recent comment being that if we all tried to farm organically we would all starve. I don't think I would starve. I just think I would have to eat a hell of a lot of tomatos and lettuce over the summer.

What else.. Started some physio work at a couple of practices. Went fishing the other day. Caught a puffer fish and some other minging sea creature. Forgot that when you catch something that you actually have to get it off the hook. Damn those puffer fish.
Other than that just getting back into things. Changing my life plans daily.

1 comment:

Rez said...

Good old pale ale slug traps!!

I've actually been working on several well overdue holiday blogs myself, stay tuned I may blog myself very soon

x